Going outside with a baby is always a bit daunting, especially during times like these. But as stay-at-home orders get lifted, the weather gets warmer and you clamor for more “fresh air”, we wanted to help you head outside safely with your baby.
Our first tip is to make sure you have the right diaper bag essentials with you to keep your baby safe and healthy. Here’s the ideal diaper bag checklist to make sure you bring what you absolutely need:
- Diapers (2-3)
- Wipes (plenty -- you can never have enough, especially if there’s a blow-out)
- Diaper Ointment (a must if you use it)
- Hand Sanitizer (yes it's now a must-have for you and your baby)
- Changing Pad (you need a clean surface to lay your baby on for a diaper change)
- Bottles (if you’re going to be out for a few hours, it’s better to bring at least one in case your baby gets hungry)
- Reusable Food Pouches (if your baby is on solids, it's a good idea to a reusable food pouch filled with a delicious puree to handle the hungries)
- Burp cloths (bring at least 1)
- Change of clothes (bring at least 1)
- Teether or Toy (these are great ways to distract and entertain as well as deal with painful teething)
Our second tip is to make sure you have the right diaper bag that keeps all of your baby’s essentials organized so you can find them at the blink of an eye and includes a hygienic cleaning surface to change diapers.
We recommend the NEW Baby Brezza Diaper Bag Backpack because it’s the ultimate way to keep all of the diaper bag essentials organized PLUS it has a detachable Changing Station so you always have a clean, comfortable and hygienic place to change your baby’s diaper.
This diaper bag has 17 pockets, so you can organize all of your essential baby products with ease. There’s a pocket for everything including:
- A spacious interior compartment for a change of clothes and other items
- 2 insulated side pockets for bottles
- Several interior zippered pockets for diapers/wipes/ointment
- Several front zippered pockets for your personal items
- A large a large, drop-down mesh compartment to store other items
Plus, this diaper bag has an integrated Changing Station that unzips and drops-down, providing a clean, hygienic, safe and comfortable surface to change your baby and prevent her little fingers from reaching out and touching dirty surfaces nearby.
And this backpack diaper bag has a padded back and adjustable shoulder straps so it’s comfortable to carry.
Our 3rd tip is to make sure you keep your diaper bag and its contents clean. Use disinfecting wipes on your diaper bag or wash it to keep it clean after every use outside your home. Also put things in zippered bags first, then place in your diaper bag to help keep them clean if you don’t use them on your outing..
With these tips, you’ll feel more prepared to bring your baby outside during the pandemic and be able to relax and enjoy time with your baby outdoors!