Going outside with a baby is always a bit daunting, especially during times like these. But as the weather gets warmer and you clamor for more “fresh air”, we wanted to help you head outside safely with your baby. In this blog, you’ll find our diaper bag essentials list, how to pack a diaper bag, and a few extra tips that can go a long way for your baby bag essentials.
Our first tip is to ensure you have the right diaper bag essentials to keep your baby safe and healthy. Knowing what’s in your diaper bag for every outing will help you and baby both stay prepared for every adventure. Here’s the ideal diaper bag checklist to make sure you bring what you absolutely need:
- Diapers (2-3)
- Wipes (plenty -- you can never have enough, especially if there’s a blow-out)
- Diaper Ointment (a must if you use it)
- Hand Sanitizer (yes, it's now a must-have for you and your baby)
- Changing Pad (you need a clean surface to lay your baby on for a diaper change)
- Bottles (if you’re going to be out for a few hours, it’s better to bring at least one in case your baby gets hungry)
- Reusable Food Pouches (if your baby is on solids, it's a good idea to have a reusable food pouch filled with a delicious puree to handle the hungries)
- Burp cloths (bring at least 1)
- Change of clothes (bring at least 1)
- Teether or Toy (an undisputed diaper bag essential– these are great ways to distract and entertain as well as deal with painful teething)
Knowing what to pack in a diaper bag and having the best gear for the job is a great way to enhance every day out with your baby. Our second diaper bag essential tip is to make sure you have the right diaper bag that keeps all of your baby’s essentials organized so you can find them in the blink of an eye and includes a hygienic cleaning surface to change diapers.
We recommend the Baby Brezza Diaper Bag Backpack because it’s the ultimate way to keep all of the diaper bag essentials organized; it also includes a detachable Changing Station so you always have a clean, comfortable, and hygienic place to change your baby’s diaper.
This diaper bag has 17 pockets, so you can organize all of your baby bag essentials with ease. There’s a pocket for everything, including:
- A spacious interior compartment for a change of clothes and other items
- 2 insulated side pockets for bottles
- Several interior zippered pockets for diapers/wipes/ointment
- Several front zippered pockets for your personal items
- A large, drop-down mesh compartment to store other items in your diaper bag checklist
Plus, this diaper bag has an integrated Changing Station that unzips and drops down, providing a clean, hygienic, safe, and comfortable surface to change your baby and prevent their little fingers from reaching out and touching dirty surfaces nearby, making it a diaper bag essential that puts organization and safety first, all at once. The backpack diaper bag has a padded back and adjustable shoulder straps, so it’s comfortable to carry anywhere you and your baby go together.
Our 3rd tip is to make sure you keep your diaper bag and what’s in your diaper bag clean. Use disinfecting wipes on your diaper bag or wash it to keep it clean after every use outside your home. Also, put things in zippered bags first, then place them in your diaper bag to help keep them clean if you don’t use them on your outing. This helps keeps your entire diaper bag checklist– from the bag to its contents– germ-free and ready for every adventure.
Knowing how to pack a diaper bag with care will help turn every outing into a fun time. With these diaper bag essential tips, you’ll feel more prepared to bring your baby outside and be able to relax and enjoy time with your baby outdoors!
What to Look Out for When Buying a Diaper Bag?
Parents should keep a handful of things in mind when choosing the best diaper bag for days out on the town or when traveling and when determining what to pack in a diaper bag each day. Insulated compartments for bottles, milk, formula, and snacks are crucial to keeping each of these baby bag essentials cool. Stroller clips and backpack straps are always helpful for those on-the-go days with baby, and having a fold-out changing station is even better! In order for parents to stay prepared for every adventure, the Diaper Bag Backpack is here for parents and babies alike.
Do Mom and Dad Each Need a Diaper Bag?
If both Mom and Dad are out and about with baby, have different schedules during the week, or travel separately, two diaper bags full of the appropriate baby bag essentials could come in handy! Diaper bag essentials are important for a big day out, no matter who baby is with! And if you’ve got more than one little one, an extra bag can be even more useful. The diaper bag collection from Baby Brezza can help outfit parents and baby alike with the perfect bag(s) for any occasion and will have no problem carrying all of your diaper bag essentials.