This California Privacy Notice ("California Notice”) supplements the Privacy Notice and applies to you only if you are a resident of the State of California and in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”).
- NOTICE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect certain information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you ("Personal Data”), as further described below. In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not Personal Data. To the extent this data is stored or associated with Personal Data, it will be treated as Personal Data; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
Categories of Personal Data
In the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Data:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Data categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), such as name, contact information, and financial account information.
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with our website.
- Geolocation data.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about an individual reflecting an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data other than those categories listed above. If we intend to collect additional categories of Personal Data, we will provide you with a new notice at or before the time of collection.
Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data to the extent we deem necessary to carry out the processing activities described above, including but not limited to compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, and to the extent we reasonably deem necessary to protect our and our partners’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties.
How We Safeguard Your Personal Data
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of personal data. Those safeguards include (i) encryption through secure socket layer technology (SSL); (ii) taking steps to ensure personal data is backed up and remains available in the event of a security incident; and (iii) periodic testing, assessment, and evaluation of the effectiveness of our safeguards.
However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, you should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Services is or will be secure.
Use of Personal Data
We collect and process your Personal Data for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Providing, predicting, or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing, or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
- Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you messages about the products and services we offer, which may include special offers for products and services.
- Disclosing your data to third-party agencies or brands that may use that information to market their own relevant products or services to you.
- Customizing and enhancing your shopping experience on our website and the products and services we offer. This may involve sharing certain data, such as your shopping history, with our business partners or third parties to tailor products and services to you.
- Communicating with you by email, mail, text message (SMS, MMS), telephone, and other methods of communication, about products, services, order status, and information tailored to your requests or inquiries.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
We will not use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sources of Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data:
- Directly from you. When you provide it to us directly whether online, by email, phone, or in-person, for example, when you create an account, sign-up to receive emails from us, or contact us.
- Automatically or indirectly from you. For example, through analytics tools, cookies, pixel tags (such as Google Analytics), or through your interactions with us on social media websites (such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok).
- Operating Systems and Platforms. For example, we automatically collect information relating to the device used to access our Services, such as IP address, device identifiers, and browser information.
- From our Service Providers. For example, order processing and fulfillment services, commercial email providers, security consultants, and other Service Providers we engage (such as Shop Pay, Shopify and Listrak).
- From Third Parties such as Social Networks. For example, from social media networks (such as Facebook, Instagram and TikTok), including if you contact us for customer service support through our social media pages.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and Protection of Individuals. We may process personal data to comply with the law and our legal obligations, as well as to protect you and other individuals from certain harms.
Sale or Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data: (i) in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law; (ii) when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others; and in connection with the enforcement of our Terms of Service and other agreements; or (iii) in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
The CCPA defines “sale” and “share” broadly, and that definition could include information that we have shared with certain ad-agencies and marketing companies that provide certain services to us, including delivering advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you. In the past twelve (12) months, we have “sold” or “shared” (as defined under the CCPA) the following categories of Personal Data to the following categories of third parties:
- Category 1 (Identifiers): Service Providers and Third Parties.
- Category 2 (California Customer Records): Service Providers.
- Category 3 (Commercial Information): Service Providers and Third Parties.
- Category 4 (Internet or Network Activity): Service Providers and Third Parties.
- Category 5 (Geolocation Data): Service Providers and Third Parties.
- Category 6 (Inferences): Service Providers and Third Parties.
We also share Personal Data with third parties (i) when we obtain your prior approval or consent; (ii) when required by laws or regulations; (iii) when it is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Company, you or other third parties, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; (iv) when it is necessary for advanced public health or children's healthy development, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; (v) when it is necessary to cooperate with statutory work required by laws and regulations performed by any national or local government office, or their subcontractors, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or (vi) due to a merger, restructuring or other similar strategic transactions.
Finally, we may also share Personal Data with government agencies or regulators when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, health, or safety, and/or that of our users, visitors and others.
Do Not Track
We may use analytics systems and providers and participate in advertising networks that process Personal Data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics generally, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to any web browser’s "do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
III. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to the email address below, and are free of charge.
The CCPA provides California residents with the below rights. For more information about how to exercise your CCPA rights, see the section “Submitting a Verified Consumer Request” below.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the Personal Data we have collected, used, shared, and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Right to Correct: You have the right to request that we correct the Personal Data we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Data we have collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data or the sharing of your Personal Data for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights.
- Right to Opt-Out of Automated Decision Making: You have the right to opt out of automated decision making, including profiling, against any information that we have collected about you.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Data: You have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of Sensitive Personal Data to a third party, if we use that information for any purpose other than the designated purpose defined in the CCPA.
Some of our products and services, however, may require your Personal Data. If you choose not to provide your Personal Data that is necessary to provide any aspect of our products or services, you may not be able to use those products or services.
Some of our Services, however, may require your Personal Data. If you choose not to provide your Personal Data that is necessary to provide any aspect of our products or services, you may not be able to use those products or services. In addition, as described in the section captioned “Your Choices” in the Privacy Notice, it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
- SUBMITTING A VERIFIED CONSUMER REQUEST
To exercise your rights, you must provide us with sufficient information to allow us to verify your identity and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Once we receive the information you provide to us, we will review it and determine if more information is necessary to verify your identity as required by law, and we may request additional information in order to do so.
If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us by:
- Calling us at 888-396-6552
- Emailing us at cs@BabyBrezza.com
- MODIFICATIONS AND UPDATES TO THIS CALIFORNIA NOTICE
This California Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this California Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised California Notice. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to our processing activities and/or this California Notice, such as by posting a notice on the Services or sending you an email. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised California Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended California Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about this California Notice and/or how we process Personal Data, please contact us.
For more information about how users with disabilities can access this California Notice in an alternative format, please review our Accessibility Statement found here.
Last Updated: 01/24/2024