Here’s how to make prune puree for baby that combines with the delicious, nutritious benefits of apples to make a tasty, healthy meal!
Yield: approximately 3/4 cups
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 cups, 8 ounces)
- 4 prunes (1 ounce)
- Place apples and prunes in Baby Brezza One Step Food Maker Deluxe and steam for 10 minutes.
- Pour off residual liquid and reserve.
- Press blend button on food maker and puree to smooth for approximately 30 seconds. Add back residual liquid if needed to puree.
- Optional: remove from bowl and add water, breast milk or formula to desired consistency. Enjoy!
Are Apples and Prunes Good for Babies?
Yes! Apples and prunes are both great foods for babies, and this apple and prune puree recipe combines both for a nutritious meal. Apples are easy to digest, and prunes are packed with fiber and sorbitol, which helps baby stay regular and not constipated. This prune and apple puree for baby is here to help make a tasty, healthy meal every time!
Can You Eat Prunes and Apples Together?
Prunes and apples go very well together, and this apple and prune baby food recipe is here to prove it. Flavor-wise, they pair well together, and their combined nutrients make for a healthy meal for baby. Use our prune and apple puree for baby for mealtimes throughout the week!
How Many Prunes Should a Baby Eat a Day?
Babies can typically eat one or two prunes a day, so choosing this apple and prune puree recipe for baby throughout the week is a tasty, healthy option that parents can rely on! Apple and prune baby food is packed with nutrients and can be made with ease in the One Step Food Maker Deluxe.