An easy and delicious puree packed with protein for your little one. Serve this puree as a snack, a wholesome breakfast meal, or as frozen yogurt drops! Whichever way you choose to serve this recipe, it is sure to be a little eater pleaser!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 15 strawberries
- 10 walnuts, unshelled
- 6 tbsp plain Greek yogurt - try to use yogurt that is high in fat, with no sugar added.
- 1 banana - the riper the better!
- 2 tbsp old-fashioned or steel cut oats
- 2 pitted dates* (optional but highly recommended!)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Grind walnuts and oats together in a food processor until all ingredients have become a fine powder.
- Roughly chop strawberries, dates and banana and add to your Baby Brezza Glass 1-Step Food Maker. Press "Steam" for 10 minutes.
- Drain water, add yogurt and mixture of oats and walnuts into your food maker.
- Press "Blend" for 30 seconds.
- Serve, and enjoy!
*Dates have endless nutritional benefits for babies and toddlers including brain development, bones and teeth strengthening, and aide in digestion to name a few. Introduce dates in small quantities until baby has fully adjusted to this superfood.
BRAIN POWER: Walnuts are packed with omega-3 which is imperative in baby’s little developing brain!
This recipe yields 6-8 servings and can be frozen and used for up to 3 months! For more experienced eaters, try freezing them in the form of yogurt drops or small popsicle treats.
Aisha is a Pakistani Canadian mother who found herself looking for ways to keep up with home cooking as a new mom of 3. She started her Instagram @baby.eatts to share simple and nutritious meals that she makes for her experienced eaters Zenya (8 years), and Aydin (6 years), and her new little eater, Amiri (6 months). With her recipes and tips, Aisha hopes to help other moms have a fun, easy, and fulfilling journey with their newest member at the dinner table.