Oats are packed with protein, fiber, and overall nutrition for everyone. There are PLENTY of combinations that include oats and can make a meal exciting for baby. Here’s one of our favorites!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/4 cup of fine oats (preferably steel cut)
A handful of raisins
A pinch or two of cinnamon powder
Peeled and cubed apple
Peeled and cubed pear
1/2 teaspoon of flax seeds (optional)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Let water come to a rolling boil for 2 minutes, then add the oats. Stir frequently and add raisins and cinnamon. Make sure oats are fully cooked.
- While the oats are cooking, steam the cubed apples and pears in your steamer/food maker. Use the 1-Step Food Maker Deluxe which makes this recipe a breeze. Steam for 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain water from steamed fruits and add cooked oat mixture to the food maker.
- Another great option to boost nutrition is to add 1/2 teaspoon of flax seeds. If your little eater is really new to the dinner table, consider grinding the seeds to a powder prior to adding.
- Blend to desired consistency. Use the blend function once on the 1-Step Food Maker Deluxe, which equates to about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to baby safe bowl, stir, and enjoy!
Aisha is a Pakistani Canadian mother who found herself looking for ways to keep up with home cooking as a new mom of 3. She started her Instagram @baby.eatts to share simple and nutritious meals that she makes for her experienced eaters Zenya (8 years), and Aydin (6 years), and her new little eater, Amiri (6 months). With her recipes and tips, Aisha hopes to help other moms have a fun, easy, and fulfilling journey with their newest member at the dinner table.