Babies have very weak immune systems, especially right after birth, so sterilizing all baby products that they put in their mouth like bottles or that are used in feeding like pump parts is critical to preventing bacterial infections.
What is a Bottle Sterilizer?
A bottle sterilizer is a machine used to kill germs and bacteria that remain on the surface of a bottle even after washing. The best bottle sanitizers will sterilize breast pump parts, baby bottles, pacifers and teething toys.
Which Bottle Sterilizer is Best?
Since there are an array of sterilizing approaches and products, this blog is designed to help you easily find the right sterilizing approach, or best sterilizer for your needs so you can kill 99.9% of germs and keep your baby healthy!
Step 1: Figure out your sterilizing approach. Determine if you want to sterilize only OR if you want to sterilize and dry together. Some parents choose a sterilizer only option because you can use products in your house like a pot, stove or microwave, you already have a drying rack and it's usually less expensive. Others choose to automatically sterilize & dry because it saves a lot of time and effort to combine these two steps and products stay sterile throughout the drying process, minimizing germ contamination.
Step 2: Once you decide on your bottle sterilizing approach, then you can determine which specific type of product, is the best sterilizer for you.
Sterilize Only: If you choose this approach, there are several options to consider:
- Boiling: You can boil a pot of water to sterilize bottles on the stove. As long as they stay under the boiling water for at least 5 minutes, they will be sterilized. One downside is the time and effort sterilizing baby bottles on stove takes – you have to babysit the bottles and make sure they stay under the boiling water because if they float and the boiling water doesn’t touch the bottles, they won't get sterilized.
- Microwave Steam Bags: You can also purchase microwave steam bags and place products inside along with some water. Downsides to this approach are these bags typically have limited capacity, they can only be used 20 times before wearing out and steam rushes out when you open the bag after microwaving which can burn your hands.
- Sterilization machine for home: You can also buy a electric appliance that automatically sterilizes your bottles and pump parts with natural steam. Downsides to this approach are the cost vs the other methods.
Sterilize & Dry: If you choose this approach, there are two options to consider, both of which include automatic drying which saves time & effort and keeps your baby products sterile throughout the entire process:
Steam Sterilizer-Dryers: You can buy an electric bottle sterilizer that uses natural steam to kill 99.9% of germs, then automatically dries bottles, pump parts and other accessories with hot air. These products make the entire process super easy. Downsides to this approach are these appliances cost more than a sterilizer only.
UV Sterilizer Dryers: You can also buy an appliance that uses UV light to kill 99.9% of germs, then automatically dries. Downsides to this approach are these appliances are usually much more expensive than a steam sterilizer-dryer plus they only kill germs if the light directly shines on the product surface. Most UV sterilizer dryers rely on mirrors to bounce the light around inside the appliance so there’s no guarantee it will directly shine on the entire surface area of your bottles or pump parts.
Baby Brezza Sterilizer and Sterilizer Dryers comparison
Baby Brezza is the #1 brand of sterilization machines for home to make sterilizing and/or drying super easy! Here is overview of our family of products to help you find the best one for your needs:
Best Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer
Start to finish in just 10 minutes, our newest sterilizer dryer lives up to it's name - it is SUPERFAST. Automatically dries and sterilizes 75% faster than other, similar products. It holds up to 6 bottles and 2 pump part sets, no matter what brand of bottle or pump you prefer. Kill 99% of germs in 6 minutes, and get dry bottles in 4.
The One-Step Sterilizer-Dryer is our original bottle sterilizer-dryer which hundreds of thousands of parents have loved since its first launch in 2014. Parents rave about this product because it automatically sterilizes and dries in one easy step. This product kills 99.9% of germs, then automatically dries at the press of a button. It holds up to six bottles, and the natural steam keeps products sterile for up to 24 hours when left inside of the unopened machine.
What Does the Baby Brezza Sterilizer Do?
It has four functions: sterilize and dry, sterilize only, dry only, or storage use. This product is perfect for you if you want an all-in-one solution to sterilize and dry so you don’t need to air dry on a non-sterile drying rack.
The One Step Sterilizer-Dryer Advanced is the most advanced way to sterilize and dry bottles, pump parts and accessories. It has more features than the Original Sterilizer-Dryer including more capacity, faster drying time and a HEPA filter so it dries with 95% germ-free air.
- Highest capacity: The Advanced one step Sterilizer and Dryer stores eight bottles and has a unique tray that’s made to hold two full pump part sets.
- 33% Faster drying time: The drying time is 33% faster than the original, making it the perfect time-saving tool for you and your child.
- HEPA Filter ensures that the air used to dry the bottles is 95% free of germs.
- Modular: with four bins and trays to hold all of the baby products that you need to sterilize.
- Four functions: Sterilize and dry, sterilize only, dry only, storage system
Baby Brezza One Step Sterilizer
The One Step was the first ever Baby Brezza bottle sterilizer. With the highest capacity of any sterilizer, the One Step Sterilizer can hold up to eight bottles and two full sets of pump parts, plus accessories. It kills 99.9% of germs with natural steam, and is modular with four bins and trays that hold all of the baby products you need to sterilize.
Good luck choosing the best bottle sanitizer or sterilization approach for you!