Are you looking for wintery recipes to warm up baby or to create a special menu for your little one to enjoy alongside friends and family?
It can be fun to try a new twist on baby’s favorite foods, and your little one will enjoy the variety.
Recipes for baby often center on familiar foods that are easy on the palate, and it’s always a good idea to branch out slowly as you learn your baby’s likes and dislikes. Many recipes call for pureeing ingredients to create a texture and consistency that is easy to swallow. Make life easier by using our 1 Step Food Maker (Deluxe or Glass) to cut down on prep work and cooking time. This amazing tool steams and blends food in a push of a button!
Here are some popular choices for baby recipes to craft a meal that the smallest member of your family will love.
Souper Star: Carrot Ginger Soup
For a winter recipe that will warm your baby’s tummy and tickle the taste buds, whip up a batch of Carrot Ginger Soup.
This tasty recipe for baby uses carrots and a dash of fresh ginger to create a soup that is full of nutrients, and good for digestive health.
Carrot Ginger Soup - This recipe contains milk so we reco 9 mths+
- 1 lb carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger (start with 1tbsp and increase to taste)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole milk or light cream
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place all ingredients into the 1 Step Food Maker (Deluxe or Glass) and press Steam + Blend for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Very Creamy: Curry Cauliflower Soup
Who doesn’t love the creamy taste of a warm cauliflower soup on a chilly day?
Give your little one a taste with this easy recipe.
Curry Cauliflower Soup - This recipe contains milk & curry so we reco 9 mths+
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon curry paste
(Use tiny amounts in the early stages to prevent stomach upset)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 6 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Steam cauliflower in the 1 Step Food Maker (Deluxe or Glass) for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except for chopped cilantro into the food maker. Press Steam + Blend for 5 minutes.
- Blend for desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!.
Sweeter Selections: Apple Pear Butter
No list of recipes for baby would be complete without a sweet finish, like this easy-to-prepare apple butter using seasonal pears.
Apple Pear Butter - This recipe contains cinnamon so we reco after 6+ months.
- 1 apple (sweet varieties like pink lady or gala are a good choice), peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 ripe pear
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Steam apple in One Step Baby Food Maker for 5-7 minutes
- Combine apple, pear, and cinnamon in 1 Step Food Maker (Deluxe or Glass).
- Press Blend to puree, serve and enjoy.
Recipes for Baby to Warm Up to All Winter Long
Expanding your baby’s menu to include winter favorites may be your favorite part of the season. As you find new tastes and textures that your baby loves, you can feel good about serving up a meal that will help your little one grow and thrive.
Which of these recipes for baby are you most excited to try?Check out our collection of 1 Step Food Makers HERE!