The ounce size on the Formula Pro control panel indicates water volume only. When powder is added to the water, the volume is increased, just like when you make a bottle by hand. The final volume of mixed formula is expected to be a little over the ounce amount indicated on the control panel. If the amount of formula is significantly higher than the ounces you are expecting, please contact us.
As with any food preparation product or food storage container, proper maintenance and cleaning is required to make sure that your Formula Pro stays clean. In addition to the regular cleaning recommended in the instruction manual, we recommend that care be taken when pouring formula powder into the powder container. After pouring powder into the container, check to make sure that no powder has spilled in the area next to the water tank, and clean any excess powder with a damp cloth. Also make sure that all parts of the powder container are completely dry before assembly. Mold will not grow in Formula Pro when properly cleaned and dried.
Before storing your Formula Pro for an extended period, we recommend the following steps:
1. Remove entire Powder Container assembly and clean all parts: Powder Container, Measuring Wheel, Locking Cover, Silicone Scraper, Stirring Wheel and Powder Container Lid. Set aside to dry completely.
2. Remove Water Tank from Base, clean the inside and wipe the outside of the Water Tank with a damp cloth and wipe dry with a paper towel.
3. Remove Funnel and Funnel Cover from Base, wash, rinse, dry and put back into the Base.
4. Wipe entire Base with a clean, damp cloth and make sure it is clean and free of any powder or dried, mixed powder. Also wipe the Drip Tray clean. Dry all surfaces with a cloth or paper towel.
5. Make sure all parts are removed from the Base except for the Funnel and Funnel cover, then plug in the Base and turn the power switch on.
6. Place a cup on the Drip Tray under the Funnel to catch water.
7. Press and hold all three buttons “ounce”, “stop”, and “start” simultaneously. The Formula Pro® will run the pump to clear the water from the machine. Continue to hold all three buttons for at least 20 seconds or until no more water is dispensed from the machine.
8. Remove the Funnel and Funnel Cover and wipe with a dry paper towel.
9. Make sure all parts removed from the Formula Pro® are dry and reassemble the entire Formula Pro®.
10. Your Formula Pro® is now clean, dry and ready for storage.
We recommend regular cleaning of the Steam Tank to prevent damage to the machine from mineral deposits. The frequency of cleaning will depend on the type of water you are using and how much mineral deposit build up forms. Always unplug before cleaning. Put 1/3 cup white vinegar and 1/3 cup distilled water in machine and let sit overnight. Pour out vinegar and water solution (refer to user manual for proper emptying instructions). Refill Steam Tank with purified water, plug in machine and run “Steam” cycle for 10 minutes. Let Steam Tank cool and scrub with a cleaning brush if necessary. Rinse with purified water to eliminate any remaining vinegar taste. Empty tank and fill with clean water before cooking
Discoloration or build up on the heating plate is often the result of minerals heating up on the heating plate if mineral rich water is used (distilled and purified water are always recommended as they are 100% mineral free). Please follow these simple steps to eliminate any unusual build up or discoloration that may be present:
1. Use a scouring pad to loosen any build up or discoloration on the heating plate 2. Create a solution of 1 part distilled vinegar and 1 part distilled water 3. Fill the sterilizer with the solution up to the max line 4. Leave bottle rack off, close lid, and select the sterilize only function 5. Once sterilization cycle is done, fill with distilled water to the max line, and run another sterilize only cycle 6. Repeat steps 2-5 if concerns persist
This procedure will remove any unusual build up or discoloration from the machine.